Robens Field Tower - NEW for 2019
- 5.90 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
New for 2019.
Recently there has been a growing fashion towards Bell or Tipi tents. The Field Tower is a tipi style tent with an extended porch that will sleep up to 8 people.
The Advantages of a Tipi Style tent like the Field Base are the ease of pitching, with just one central pole and the strength of the design in bad weather. The strongest shape for a tent is a triangle, and the Field Base is a Conical shape basicly a 360 degree triangle. A Disadvantage of this style tent is the sloping sides mean water entering the tent and gathering on the groundsheet whenever its raining and you enter or ext the tent. The Field Tower overcomes this because it has a generous porch area.
There is an optional inner tent available to separate off the central living are making the tent a 6 berth.
A Tent that will ensure you enjoy your camping experience, will stand up to the worst and best of the British Weather. The Field Station is an ideal tent for families or groups.The only way to improve on this tent is to look at some of Robens Outback range of polycotton Bell Tents & Tipis which give the Cool Camping advantages of Camping under Cotton.
The Field Tower sleeps up to eight or can be used with an optional six-person two-door inner, making it an excellent quick-to-pitch base for groups. The tipi features a telescopic alloy centre pole and a zip-in groundsheet that can be rolled back in the large extended front porch to create a wet area. A pre-bent pole maximises porch headroom. Three low vents assist airflow and the neat Internal Apex Vent Control is simple to adjust from inside using just two cords.
- Flame Retardant Fabrics :- The fabric does not burn, but melts when in direct contact with flames.
- Hydrostatic Head 5000 mm:- Shows the amount of water on 1 cm² of fabric before the water penetrates the coating.
- Lightweight ripstop outer fabrics :- windproof , water repellent, durable and reliable performers.
- Tapes Seams :- Strong, flexible and durable tape is glued and heat-sealed over flysheet seams for effective long-term waterproofing in this critical area.
- Alloy Poles :-Light, strong, reliable and durable.
- The tent provides standing height in the living area for more comfort and freedom to move and dress.
- Sprung apex vent cowl is closed by pulling and locking off just two cords that run through integral channels. Simple and highly effective solution to controlling airflow.
- For optimum protection from the elements, dirt and insects and to ease housekeeping. Twin zips enable it to be folded away from the door to create a wet area.
- Ample hoods shelter the vents that allow a healthy adjustable airflow through the tent whilst keeping out the elements.
- Mesh with mosquito net for ventilation and to keep insects out.
- Pack-sack for storage with roll down top
- Flysheet:HydroTex HD RS, 75D polyester 189T, Ripstop, Fire retardent, 100% polyester
- Hydrostatic Head:5000 mm
- Poles:Alloy #7001, T6, 28-32mm centre pole / 12.7mm front pole
- Groundsheet:Zip-in groundsheet, 210D polyester, Oxford, 100% polyester, 10,000 mm
- Pack size:73 x 33 cm
- Weight:9.5 kg
- Optional Inner Tent Available