Coleman Maluti 3 BlackOut - New for 2020
- 4.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
New for 2020 and a 1st as the Maluti 3 BlackOut introduces Coleman's award winning Black-Out bedroom technology into a lightweight Back-packing style tent.
Black-out bedrooms from Coleman block out over 99% of light and regulates temperature. Keeping your tent up to 5°C cooler during the day and up to 1°C warmer during the night. This allows you to sleep for longer, as well as giving a more comfortable environment inside the tent.
Based on Coleman's Tatra 3 adventure tent the Maluti 3 BlackOut is Ideal for D of E Expeditions, Lightweight camping, canoe camping etc. Flysheet 1st design, semi-geodesic shaped dome tent with aluminium poles. Like most Coleman tents the features mesh pole sleeves for increased wind resistance, preventing the buffeting usually associated with a solid pole sleeve, as the wind passes through the mesh. Lots of features usually only found on more expensive tents.
It is supplied in a nice compression carry-bag to help reduce the pack size even more.
Well designed semi-geodesic design gives a very stable tent, good value for money with the advantage of Black-Out technology.
What the manufacturer says:-
Offering protection from the most inclement conditions, this large, semi-geodesic tent boasts a 6000 hydrostatic height and the comfortability of Coleman's BlackOut Bedroom® Technology.
- Capacity: 3 person
- Set up: Flysheet First
- Structure: Lightweight semi-geodesic tent
- Poles: 3 x Aluminium Poles 8.5 mm
- Groundsheet: Polyester, 5000 mm PU coated, Taped seams, Fire retardant
- Outer fabric: Polyester PU coated, Ripstop, Fire retardant
- Inner fabric: Polyester tafetta inner room
- Seams: Taped seams
- Carry bag: Included
- Pack size: 39 x 22 cm
- Weight: 4 kg
- Water column: 6000 mm
- Total: 5.7 m2 (Sleeping 3.8 m2, Living 1.9 m2)
BlackOut Bedroom® - blocks daylight
- The revolutionary sleep system from Coleman® is ideal for parents or anyone who is sensitive to daylight.
BlackOut Bedroom® blocks up to 99% of daylight from entering the sleeping area, helping you get a longer and more restful sleep - whatever time of day.WINNER of the Camping Magazine's 2016 Editor's choice Awards in the Best Camping Innovation category.
WINNER of the CAMPING Magazine's 2016 EDITOR’SCHOICE AWARDS in the category BEST CAMPING INNOVATION
Manage the temperature
- Keep your bedroom up to 5°C cooler during the day and up to 1°C warmer during the night. Coleman® patent pending BlackOut Bedroom® helps you to manage the temperature in your bedroom by storing energy from the sun in the surface of the fabric.
UV Guard™ Sun Protection
- Certified laboratory testing proves Coleman® UVGuard™ protection fabrics with an SPF50 provide excellent protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Proper use of sunscreen combined with shelters made with UVGuard™ protection fabric can go a long way in the battle against sunburn and UV exposure.
Fire Retardant - safety first!
- The fire retardant characteristic of our material ensures that the fabric will not flare dangerously out of control and will self extinguish, giving time to escape in the event of an emergency.
WeatherTec™ - offering comfort and protection when enjoying the outdoors
A fabric's waterproof properties are measured using a rating called its hydrostatic head. If a tent has a hydrostatic head of 3000mm it means that a 3 metre column of water can be placed on its surface before any drops will show through the underside of the fabric. (The Ministry of Defence in the UK classifies fabric with a hydrostatic head of 800mm+ as waterproof).
There are many other factors which influence the performance of tent in tough weather conditions. Coleman use the latest technology and a rigorous testing regime to ensure that we keep you protected at all times - whatever the weather.